It’s hard not to feel disconnected and a little powerless in today’s world – especially if you have existing health issues. Massively exposed yet strangely isolated to our fellow human beings, we’re sicker now than ever before and charting to have even bigger problems in the future.
The concept of empowerment is kind of remarkable. It’s a process that allows you to regain control of your life and effectively act on the things important to you.
Your Health and Empowerment Strategies
Patients have gradually released their power over the last couple of decades and it’s time to get it back. Giving up control over your health decisions also takes the outcome out of your hands.
You’re expected to place blind trust in the hands of a doctor who isn’t personally invested in your results. They’re doing a job. Whether they’re good or bad at their job, you’re just a name on a file. If you don’t take an active role in your health and healing…who will?
Doctors and experts around the world have grown smug about their knowledge. They reject many holistic methods outright – even when common sense (and thousands of scientific studies) have proven incontrovertibly that diet plays a huge role in how your body fights disease.
I’m not saying doctors don’t know what they’re doing. They spent time and a fortune gaining their education and certifications. Becoming a doctor means a grueling regimen for years and years. For the most part, they want to succeed in treating their patients and make a good living.
[Few doctors remain in practice if they mess up too much.]
Guarding your health with empowerment is not about you knowing more than your doctor. It’s about forcing your doctor to address you as an individual by asking questions and pushing back on modalities that don’t make sense to you for more information.
You have certain rights and if you’re in a doctor’s office for an issue large or small, you’re going to be better off if you exercise those rights rather than sit quietly and do what you’re told.
Health Empowerment 5-Point Checklist
1. Your doctor is not a god. He/she is human and fallible. Even the most highly educated person can make errors. If the stakes are high – get a second opinion.
2. Everything is negotiable. Don’t assume that the treatment plan laid out by your doctor is written in stone. You have the right (and obligation) to ask questions, request more information, and examine all the options.
3. Push back when it matters. If your doctor outright dismisses natural and effective methods you can utilize to aid in your own recovery (in addition to conventional treatments), you should ask why.
4. Do your research but check your sources. There’s a lot of bogus information on the internet about fighting disease but there are also tidbits that have a dramatic impact. Diet, meditation, and acupuncture are three 100% natural modalities that have drastically improved the quality of life and recovery of cancer patients in study after study.
5. You are in charge. The decisions regarding your health are your right and your responsibility. It is your health, your life, that’s on the line. Your doctor and his colleagues want a win on their scoreboard but it’s not a life or death scenario and it never will be (no matter how nice they are).
The decisions regarding your health are your right and your responsibility. Click To Tweet
One thing I do want to mention: never, ever lie to your doctor. Health empowerment is not about withholding information.
Be honest, tell them everything, and keep your head up. Chances are, they’ve seen and heard worse. No doctor in any area of expertise can help you if they don’t have all the information. Lying or holding back only hurts you in the end.
No matter what you face in your life, how you choose to handle it is your responsibility. That’s what health empowerment is. Taking full control of your mental, emotional, and physical existence and owning every choice you make.No matter what you face in your life, how you choose to handle it is your responsibility. That’s health empowerment.Click To Tweet
Live Vividly…Right Now!
I wrote a book about small transformational changes you can make to boost your personal health empowerment. I call them bio-hacks that work in harmony to heal physical health and revitalize emotional wellbeing.
Vivid Living will show you how you to detox your body and live the most vibrant healthy life possible within a few days – by investing a few minutes every day. You’re going to look younger, feel fantastic, and best of all revitalize your body so you can enjoy life to the fullest even at 80, 90, and beyond!
Don’t wait. Take the first step toward controlling how you look, how you feel, and how you move through your world. You won’t regret it.
Want even more goodness? You may like:
Reverse heart disease with this special sugar...You don’t want to miss the sweet secret to beating the #1 killer in the world.
Discover how to detox and protect the most vital body system you usually ignore…with scientifically proven 10-minute “bio-hacks.”