Rosemary is such a wonderful herb to cook with, here are 5 health benefits of rosemary. The Greeks and Romans used it to represent loyalty. But today it is being used for so much more than just a loyalty symbol.
- Protect Your Eyes: Carnosic acid, a component of the herb rosemary, protects your eyes from macular degeneration.
- Improve Memory: Add rosemary essential oil to a steam diffuser for at least five minutes and you’ll perform memory tasks better. Rosemary elevates the blood compound cineole that creates an improvement in memory.
- Soothes Arthritis: When infused into an oil and applied externally it is found to reduce joint pain.
- Heals Skin: Speeds the healing of wounds and bruises and even eczema.
- Dandruff Treatment: Create a strong infusion of rosemary and nettle and make an herbal rinse that will banish dandruff.
Find out more about how the benefits of rosemary can protect your eyesight.