If you grew up any time during the last half century you’ve been told to “eat your fruits and veggies.” But do these time-worn nutrition facts hold the same weight as they did over 50 years ago?
Mainstream media including CNN, the Washington Post, fitness and “healthy living” magazines, Sunday morning radio programs and hundreds of well-meaning clinical trials claim that a diet full of fresh vegetables and fruit is the key to better health … more energy … proper nutrition … and a disease-free body.
Here’s what they never tell you…fruits and vegetables are very good for your health…in a perfect world.
Today, eating them is no longer good enough to give you optimal health to keep you younger longer. And the startling nutrition fact is that they’re nowhere near enough to help you build a disease-free body.
Here Are 3 Big Reasons Why:
- Modern crops don’t have the nutritional punch they used to have. Farmers have to use all their land to grow huge crops, and that means they can’t have animals there living in the same place to re-fertilize it with its native nutrients and minerals.
Farmers only fertilize with factory-made chemicals, practically sterilizing the soil. So the crops don’t have much if any of the most important vitamins and minerals that you used to get from the soil. Selenium, vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, magnesium…all have dropped off the table.
- What’s worse is that fruit and vegetable growers create “hybrids” to make their produce look bigger, juicier and more appealing to you. These new versions of all your favorites have more water, more sugar, more pith (the indigestible support tissue like the white fibrous netting around an orange section)…and less of everything healthy.
- Growers call this the “dilution effect.” For them, more water and more pith help their produce ship well, look good and weigh a lot. But it can virtually wipe out their vitamin and mineral content.
Pesticides seep into produce while it’s growing and the additives put on produce after it’s at the market can result in harmful, potentially poisonous produce. Instead of feeding you, it may put you at even higher risk of long-term health problems.
Everything from hazardous sprays that make your food look good to irradiation (yes, doses of ionizing radiation for fruits, vegetables and spices) that may further deplete your food of nutrients make some of today’s produce unappealing, and downright dangerous.
So what are you gonna do?
Fortunately today, you don’t have to look too hard to replace the lost nutrients.
You can get them back!
New Solid Facts on Nutrition
All you have to do is ignore the naysayers telling you that the superfoods you’ve heard of aren’t so super.
Of course they’re telling you that! They want to keep selling their puffy, water-filled conventional produce!
They have a vested interest in you believing that real superfoods…noni, wakame, chia seeds, hemp seeds… even pure honey…are no better than that regular old lettuce and the humble orange.
But the truth is that there’s a reason these foods – some of which you know and some you’ve never heard of – are called “superfoods.” They have hundreds of times the vitamin C…many times the omega-3s…full, rich stores of proteins and amino acids…they’re filled with lost minerals…full of vitamins and fiber…and have tens to hundreds of times the nutritional power of your average produce.
Our website talks about a lot of superfoods in depth…These superfoods have proven nutrition facts. Lets get started with these 3 you may not know much about:
- Kombucha: It is an ancient Chinese tea, sometimes called “kombucha mushroom tea”, but isn’t a mushroom at all, but rather colony of bacteria and yeast. Kombucha tea is made by adding the colony to sugar and tea and allowing it to ferment. The health benefits range from detoxification, joint care, aids digestion and gut health and its great for boosting the immune system.You can keep reading to discover the truth behind the debate on the health benefits of kombucha.
- Mulberries: The tiny, but powerful mulberry has recently been called the hottest new superfood for battling diabetes, cholesterol and even heart disease. It also helps you lose weight by blocking sugar. How can that be? Mulberry’s have a high level of fiber, protein and antioxidants which gives it the ability to inhibit the digestion of sugar. Did you know, they even contain half the sugar than most dried fruits? Check out these 2 delicious mulberry recipes.
- Spirulina: If not for these blue-green micro-algae, you wouldn’t have the air you’re breathing. It’s one of the oldest lift forms on earth and billions of years ago, it helped produce the oxygen that turned our planet into a place suitable for life like us. It’s also sometimes known as the original superfood because it’s one of the most nutrient-dense foods known to exist. Go here to discover more goodness about spirulina!
These three superfoods are just an introduction to Daily Superfood Love. Take a moment and subscribe below for FREE and get a wealth of superfood love, nutrition, inspiration, and motivation for healthy living.
“Vegetables Without Vitamins.” LEF Magazine. www.lef.com. Retrieved March 16, 2013.
“Food Irradiation.” Environmental Protection Agency. www.epa.gov. retrieved March 16, 2013.
Want even more goodness? You may like:
Reverse heart disease with this special sugar...You don’t want to miss the sweet secret to beating the #1 killer in the world.
Discover how to detox and protect the most vital body system you usually ignore…with scientifically proven 10-minute “bio-hacks.”