The secret lies in coconut oil used for thousands of years! Pacific Islanders used coconut oil for everything from treating wounds to moisturizing their skin.
To get the shiny, thick, and luxurious hair of island natives, look no further than coconut oil as an effective hair treatment that works better than many of the treatments on the market.
The average American woman spends around $900 per year on her hair. Over 35 percent of women use one or two products a day, while 17 percent use over three products a day.
With the arsenal of hair products the average woman uses, you might to start to notice that between flat-ironing and curling your hair there are years of damage adding up and wrecking the texture of your hair. A coconut oil hair treatment can help if:
- Your hair is thinning and becoming more prone to breakage and split ends
- It’s over-processed and feels coarse
- Your scalp is dry and dandruff is more frequent
- Your hair color doesn’t last as long as it once did and grays appears quicker
Not to mention the chemical cocktail of toxins found in commercial hair care products not only destroy your hair texture, they also get absorbed by your scalp on a daily basis.
Some chemicals in hair products that you should avoid are:
- Parabens found in shampoos. Used to prevent bacteria, they have been identified with an increased risk of breast cancer.
- Phthalates, used to increase softness in polymers such as hair spray, deodorants, and moisturizers. These are endocrine disruptors and can damage reproductive organs.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) or Sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) is found in 90% of personal care products. If it foams it probably contains sodium lauryl sulfate: shampoos, conditioners, and cleansers. SLS’s are skin, lung, and eye irritants and a potential carcinogen.
Why Does Coconut Oil For Hair Work So Well?
For starters virgin coconut oil is 100% natural, free of silicone, alcohol, parabens, and nasty chemicals.
Coconut oil is rich in in carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals that are all-good for the human body and can be used as the perfect hair treatment for various conditions.
Coconut oil’s fatty acids actually penetrate the hair shaft and get past the cuticle. It makes and effective anti-breakage treatment and repairs damage from the inside out.
Also the fact that coconut oil is made up of lauric acid, capric acid, and vitamin E, which all work wonders on your hair:
- Linoleic acid in coconut oil helps increase hair strength by preventing protein loss and maintains elasticity
- Helps restructure hair
- Brings back luster and improve the shine
- Promotes growth and enhances the natural color
- Lauric acid acts an anti-fungal in nature, which can help get rid of dry scalp and dandruff
- Prevents hair loss with vitamin E
How Do I Make A Coconut Oil Hair Treatment?
Deep Conditioning Treatment:
massage a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil into your clean, damp hair and scalp.
If only the tips are dry – only apply the treatment to the ends of your hair so your scalp doesn’t become too greasy.
If the coconut oil in its solid state, you will need to warm the oil gently to create a liquid. Allow the oil to sit in your hair for about 20-30 minutes after applied. Works best by covering your hair with a plastic shower cap, plastic wrap or old t-shirt or towel. Afterwards you will need to shampoo the oil out of your hair well.
use a small amount of coconut oil on the ends of your hair after showering before you brush your hair. This will help detangle your hair, eliminate knots and moisturize dry hair.
kill the fungus with coconut oil! Because of its natural anti-fungal properties, coconut oil is a great treatment for this embarrassing problem.
Apply coconut oil directly to your scalp once a day before bedtime. Leave it for at least an hour… others keep it in over night. Sleep with a plastic shower cap and make sure to wrap it up because it can become messy.
Its also key to make sure to get virgin coconut oil that been cold pressed since that has all the active moisturizer and antibacterial properties you need to quickly and naturally get rid of dandruff.
Shampoo as normal… no need for conditioner. Repeat the treatment everyday for 5-7 days.
That should do the trick!
Want even more goodness? You may like:
Reverse heart disease with this special sugar...You don’t want to miss the sweet secret to beating the #1 killer in the world.
Discover how to detox and protect the most vital body system you usually ignore…with scientifically proven 10-minute “bio-hacks.”