Check out this healthy dragon fruit recipe that also includes other amazing super-fruits! The delicious dragon fruit certainly gives the mix of fruits an exotic explosion of color and has been proven to lower blood sugar levels, strengthen bones, boost immunity and heal bruises faster.
What you need…
- 1 1/2 cups fresh papaya, cubed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced or cut into quarters
- 1 cup dragon fruit
- Garnish: starfruit slices
Fruit salad dressing:
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or stevia
- Stir fruit salad dressing ingredients together in a cup until sugar/stevia dissolves. Set aside.
- Place all the fresh fruit in a mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss well to mix.
- Pour or scoop the fruit salad into a serving bowl, or into a prepared pineapple boat. Garnish just before serving with a few star fruit slices drizzled with fresh lime juice to prevent browning. Ready for the luau!
Recipe adapted from: Mercola.com