The level of destruction that inflammation creates in your body has only been discovered within the last decade. Inflammation is caused by obesity, high sugar diets, high consumption of trans-fats, and unhealthy diets – along with other hidden causes.
Inflammation once triggered has been scientifically proven to cause or worsen many of the illnesses that were once attributed to:
- “All in the head” of the patient
- Or simply unknown
In fact, new research reveals that even depression is linked to inflammation.
Chronic Diseases and Conditions Linked to Chronic Inflammation
- Heart disease and stroke
- Allergies, asthma, and respiratory disease
- Autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and multiple sclerosis
- Chronic pain and fibromyalgia
- Digestive conditions such as ulcerative colitis, gastritis, Crohn’s, and Celiac disease
- Thyroid dysfunction and metabolic syndromes
- Diabetes and insulin resistance
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and dementia
- Depression and mood disorders
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stated in 2011 that inflammation is a primary mechanism of seven out of the ten leading causes of death.
That means 70% of all deaths are tied to inflammation! Those are frightening statistics.
But, one of the most effective ways to extinguish the fire of inflammation starts by adding the right anti-inflammatory foods to your diet.
7 Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Foods
1. Cacao: The powerful benefits of raw cacao include flavanols that create a measurable reduction in pro-inflammatory markers for heart disease.
In fact, a study from the University of California, Davis stated, “Flavanol-rich [cacao] could be a potential candidate for the treatment, or possibly prevention, of the broad array of chronic diseases that are linked to dysfunctional inflammatory responses.”
The flavonoids and epicatechins packed in cacao stimulate the metabolism, lift the mood, sharpen the mind, and protect the heart. Cacao satisfies cravings for sweet and salty foods and helps you feel “full” longer – making it an excellent choice (in moderation) for controlling weight.
2. Acai: The acai berry has been featured in the media so often in the last couple of years regarding everything from weight loss to lowering stress. There is truth to the hype – In a study published in The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, researchers discovered that almost all acai benefits are attributed to a powerful flavonoid it contains called velutin.
Velutin in acai berries is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. It reduced lesions caused by atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries due to a buildup of plaque) in mice. Velutin also inhibited inflammatory factors and suppressed the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, which are associated with cancerous tumors.
3. Spirulina: This blue-green algae is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Referred to as a nutraceutical, it has been proven in countless studies to exhibit tremendous antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that benefit those with heart disease, viral infections, liver disease, and even cancer.
It naturally detoxifies, protects the eyes, and boosts your immune system. Spirulina’s 60% protein content makes it a valuable anti-inflammatory food source for famished nations that is both healthy and sustainable. It’s one of our favorite superfoods here at Daily Superfood Love!
4. Chlorella: Another incredibly nutrient-dense algae, chlorella’s anti-inflammatory properties stimulate the growth of “good” gut flora, improve energy levels, naturally detox your body, and help maintain a healthy pH balance.
It has also shown amazing benefits in reducing the physical symptoms of stress, controlling weight, and normalizing blood pressure.
5. Hemp: This amazing often ignored plant contains more than 450 compounds (with only three inducing intoxication and associated with marijuana). The rest of the compounds found in hemp have been the subject of many studies over the years.
One such compound called beta-carophyllene comprises as much as 35% of the hemp extract. The substance activates a neurotransmitter in the brain that has powerful anti-inflammatory effects without the intoxication effect.
6. Maca: This root vegetable is in the cruciferous family and packs a serious punch when it comes to overall health. Rich in vitamins and minerals that protect you at the cellular level and boosts energy, it’s one of the most beneficial anti-inflammatory foods you should add to your diet.
Maca root has been linked to lowering inflammation dramatically – improving insulin tolerance, heart health, thyroid function, hormone balance, bone health, and your entire central nervous system.
7. Turmeric: The most famous compound in turmeric called curcumin can dramatically lower inflammation. It gives curry dishes their distinct color and aroma. When it comes to antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties, turmeric is a powerhouse.
The numerous studies linking it to measurable protection against cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s are just the beginning. The spice has shaken up the scientific community and made traditional medicine re-think their stance on “holistic” therapies. Ultimately, anti-inflammatory foods such as turmeric are beginning to change how “traditional” doctors think about (and treat) various diseases and conditions.
All of these foods are outstanding individually for your health and lower inflammation, boost your metabolism, and strengthen your immune system.
What if you could get them all in the same place?
We’ve found an anti-inflammatory foods protein powder that combines all of these superfoods. You can create a delicious and nutritious shake that is going to make you feel incredible.
You’re going to love the energy and mental clarity from this all-in-one superfood and enjoy the benefits while it:
- Naturally detoxifies
- Boosts your metabolism
- Fights inflammation
- Balances hormones
- Improves mental clarity
- Maintains healthy weight
- Increases energy levels
- Neutralizes free radicals
- Enhances mood
- Protects your cells
Finally, an organic nutritional product that’s going to fight the fire of inflammation, give you tons of energy, and sharpen your thinking…without having to hold your breath to consume it!
This all-in-one-superfood is Daily Superfood Love approved! From our team:
“I literally had no food in my house so I blended it with almond milk and frozen strawberries. It was really good and chocolatey!” ~L
“I was hungry and didn’t feel like making anything to eat. I took 4 ounces of coconut milk, heated it, and mixed in the 4 tablespoons of the protein powder, hoping it would make a pudding of some sort and it totally did! It was delicious like eating homemade chocolate pudding…and I now feel energized!” ~Alex