In today’s world of fast food, gas station convenience stores, and a donut or coffee shop on every corner, finding a healthy snack that is as portable can feel like a struggle. You need something that satisfies your sweet tooth, feeds your body perfectly, and gives you steady energy for hours.
We love sugar. According to Forbes, the average American consumes more than 130 pounds of it yearly – up from 20 pounds a year in 1820. That means that while some may consume far less, others consume even more.
Not only are we downing sugar through bottled drinks and candy, we are getting even more sugar in the form of empty carbohydrates such as cereal, baked goods, and fast food.
The result is an unbalanced diet that has led to the steady climb of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune disease, neurodegenerative disease, and cancer.
Our bodies are starving not for “any” food but for “real” food.
Searching out snacks is certainly not a problem in developed countries. Searching out truly delicious and at the same time healthy snacks is a bit more of a challenge. If you are hungry, ignoring that sensation could lead to making choices you don’t really want or need.
Drinking plenty of water also ensures that you’re not mistaking “thirst” for “hunger” – since experts estimate that as much as 70% of the American population is chronically dehydrated.
The right snacks will…
- Curb appetite between meals and prevent you from eating too much at one sitting.
- Give your body nutritious fuel to keep going without becoming tired or moody.
- Prevent heavy spikes in blood glucose levels, regulating blood sugar throughout the day.
What should you look for in your between-meal snack? What healthy snack foods will feed your cells, boost your energy, and make you feel fantastic without guilt?
One of our favorite foods here at Daily Superfood Love is cacao because it has benefits you can’t find in any other food.
Top 5 Benefits of Raw Cacao
1. Cacao helps you feel fuller, lowers your cravings for other salty or sweet foods, and boosts your energy levels. This means it’s a great choice for those seeking to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
2. Cacao contains healthy fats that your body is desperate for without the nasty ingredients that lead to heart disease and obesity.
3. Cacao is a friend to your heart. It naturally lowers blood pressure, prevents blood clots, and helps to control your cholesterol. In studies, this superfood has been proven to be heart protective.
4. Cacao will level out your mood and inspire feelings of bliss. With anandamide (the bliss molecule), phenethylamine (triggers the release of endorphins), and its ability to boost your stores of serotonin (signaling that you feel great), cacao is the right choice to hold off feelings of sadness, irritation, or flagging libido.
5. Cacao slows down the aging process thanks to its supply of anthocyanins and catechins. It improves the health and appearance of your hair, skin, and nails from the inside out while protecting your brain cognition to lower your risk of neurodegenerative disease.
Anything involving the incredible coconut is a great choice for a healthy snack! We talk a lot about coconut oil but today we’re going to focus on its cousin, coconut butter.
It has the same benefits as coconut oil (which we love) but also contains necessary fiber. Coconut butter is the meat of the coconut it has around 60% of the oil. So it’s a lighter version of the amazing goodness found in coconut oil.
Coconut butter is ideal when paired with cacao. It’s made from the raw, crushed meat of the coconut.
Top 5 Benefits of Coconut Butter
1. Coconut butter is naturally anti-viral and antibacterial. The lauric acid content protects your body from the inside, boosting your immune system and killing bad bacteria found in your gut.
2. Coconut butter is a strong source of fuel that your body converts to ketones – an energy source that your brain loves like nothing else. This is good news to prevent neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and dementia. The ketones produced by coconut products have also been shown to be effective against seizures.
3. Coconut butter contain fatty acids called medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) that are proven to curb appetite, lower the amount of calories you consume overall, and help you control weight.
4. Coconut butter helps regulate cholesterol by lowering LDL and triglycerides while improving HDL. That means heart protective qualities that lower your risk of heart disease.
5. Coconut butter is excellent for your skin, hair, and nails. It provides nourishment inside and out to feed the cells that regenerate in ways you can see day to day. While your inner self is feeling better and stronger, your outside will show significant health as well.
The Perfect Healthy Snack Is Waiting For You
Blending cacao and coconut butter together is the sort of “why didn’t I think to do that” healthy snack that works its nutritional magic while satisfying your taste buds.
I’ve discovered a delicious perfect easy snack in Synchro Manna’s raw chocolate and coconut butter.
It’s so easy you can eat it right out of the jar. Stone ground coconuts are mixed with raw Ecuadorian cacao powder to create this wonderful snack.
A rare and valuable find when you’re looking for foods to help you stick to your healthy eating plan.
Low in sugar, rich in everything your body craves, Synchro Manna is going to give you a powerful pop in energy and clear your head without wrecking your guilt-free streak.
This raw chocolate coconut butter is going to blow you away with explosive flavors, low sugar (naturally), and healthy quality fats to feed your brain.
- Deliciously addictive
Did we mention guilt-free? With four organic ingredients, Manna’s simplicity will rival those sugar-laden spreads you know have more calories and preservatives than you want or need in your diet.
Try Synchro Manna for yourself and see what a true healthy snack can be!
What our Daily Superfood Love Team said:
“It tastes like an Almond Joy. The fact that it’s completely healthy and nutritious blows me away.” – S.
“This puts other so-called chocolate spreads to shame. I used to enjoy a certain chocolate hazelnut butter from time to time, well since Manna appeared – it’s heaven sent and amazingly delicious!” – Alex