We promise that even though this dinner looks fancy enough to serve to company, it’s an easy idea for dinner tonight. You can get it prepped and served in under 45 minutes.
It’s packed with healthy fats and just requires two pans to create this weeknight feast. “Less mess and more taste,” is always our motto.
Easy Ideas for Dinner Tonight: Cacao Ribeye, Garlic Mashed Cauliflower, & Gin Kissed Tomato Compote
- 2 Grass fed ribeye steaks
- Cacao rub
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
To make the cacao rub:
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coffee
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Pat steaks dry thoroughly
- Rub cacao spice rub all over both sides of steaks and let sit for 10 minutes
- Heat stainless steel pan or cast iron skillet, let pan get searing hot
- Add in coconut oil
- Place both steaks in pan, press down well and cook for 3 minutes uncovered (don’t move or touch steaks)
- Flip and cook for 3 more minutes on the other side
- Remove and let sit for at least 3 minutes
- Turn down heat to medium (don’t clean your pan, you’ll need all of those fantastic brown bits for your Gin Kissed Tomatoes
Rosemary Gin Kissed Tomato Compote
While isn’t the healthiest option, it’s just plain nice to add a little extra depth of flavor and sizzle to a weeknight meal.
- 1 pint raw organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 shot glass of gin, vodka, or dry vermouth
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Wash and dry tomatoes
- Add tomatoes to the pan you used to cook your steaks
- Add gin & rosemary
- Stir frequently and scrap up brown bits and let cook on medium for 3-5 minutes
- Smash half of the tomatoes, leave the others whole
- Turn heat down to medium low and let cook for 5 minutes covered, stir every once in a while.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and serve.
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower (click here for recipe)
Plate your cacao ribeyes, gin kissed tomatoes, and mashed garlic cauliflower and enjoy!