I’m always on the lookout for natural antibiotics. You are inundated with unnecessary antibiotics every day in your cleaning products, air fresheners, and food supply.
The long-term result is very dangerous for us as human beings. According to the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), our overuse of antibiotics is causing a ripple effect in our health.
Antibiotic Resistance is Everyone’s Problem
Too many antibiotics destroy the balance of beneficial gut flora, leaving your immune system vulnerable to bacteria, fungi, and viruses that can quickly overwhelm your body. Antibiotics wipe out all bacteria without hesitation and this strips your body of a serious line of defense.
Overuse of antibiotics contribute to the development of drug-resistant bacteria. More than 2 million Americans contract a drug-resistant infection annually, which lead to 23,000 deaths. Not because medical treatment wasn’t sought out or because the patients didn’t follow instructions. These patients die because the antibiotics do not work to kill the germs.
The excessive use of antibiotics weakens your body’s ability to fight an aggressive bacteria in the gut called C. difficile that causes severe diarrhea. Over five years, more than 14,000 patients – most of them children – died from the effects of a germ that does not respond to current antibiotics.
Tom Frieden, director of the CDC, explained, “We’ve been trusted with these antibiotics that have been developed over decades, and we need to preserve their effectiveness for the future. More medication isn’t better. If we’re not careful, the medicine chest will be empty.”
The Importance of Protecting Your Body Naturally
Prescribed antibiotics will not help if you have bronchitis, a common cold, the flu, a sore throat, most sinus infections, and many ear infections. These are viral – not bacterial – in nature. They do not help you get better and they do not protect the people around you from getting sick.
Ramping up your body’s natural ability to protect itself (before you get sick) is the key to preventing illness. It will also shorten the amount of time you’re sick as your body fights to make you well. If you do end up sick, choosing natural antibiotics instead of prescriptions is safe, effective, and will help you avoid antibiotic resistance.
Prescription antibiotics should always be a last resort and that is something your doctor should agree with under current antibiotic protocols. Do a check of your entire house right now and toss out those “anti-bacterial” products hiding everywhere.
5 Simple Steps to a Stronger Immune System
- Drink plenty of water every single day to flush toxins naturally from your body.
- Get plenty of quality sleep so that your body can repair and strengthen cells.
- Remove pro-inflammatory foods that weaken your immune system such as refined sugar and flour.
- Stop pro-inflammatory habits that make your immune system have to work harder to help you when you’re sick such as excess alcohol consumption or smoking.
- Eat a diet of foods that provide your immune system the fuel it needs to fight sickness.
Choose organic when possible to avoid commercially produced meats and dairy products pumped full of growth hormones and antibiotics. Grass-fed beef is going to give you incredible sickness fighters without the junk your body can’t use.
A strong immune system makes all the difference!
A Natural Antibiotic Salad to Fight Infection
Do you wonder what people did before the discovery of antibiotics?
According to historical texts, they used natural ingredients that were readily available to them that showed over time to be effective in the treatment of specific illnesses. People have always gotten sick and they didn’t have emergency rooms, IV’s, or prescriptions for everything that ailed them.
Many of those ancient remedies are finally appearing in modern science. With the strength of bacteria and an ever-growing population, some common sense methods of looking at and treating disease still make sense today.
This natural antibiotic salad contains ingredients scientifically proven (individually) to help your body prevent everything from rampant inflammation, diabetes, and even lower your risk of cancer! It isn’t a surprise that all of them combined create an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, purifying powerhouse!
It is important to choose fresh, organic ingredients when you can – even in your daily eating plan – but especially when you’re already feeling bad. Keep those insecticides and heavy metals out of your weakened system!
Natural Antibiotic Pickled Salad
- 10 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 large red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 seedless English cucumbers (julienned or cut into thin strips)
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons ginger (freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon whole yellow mustard seeds
- 3 cups organic apple cider vinegar (approximate)
- ½ cup raw sugar
- Combine all vegetables, sugar, and spices in glass bowl and toss thoroughly.
- Spoon veggies into a gallon sized mason or 3 to 4 quart sized glass jars with secure lids. Leave approximately an inch of space from the top of the jar. If you don’t have a large enough jar, you can use a bowl.
- Cover veggie mixture with apple cider vinegar, seal jar, and shake well.
- Find a cool, dry place to store your jar(s) for three days. Shake the mixture occasionally to distribute seasonings.
This pickled salad can be mixed with a bit of olive oil and served over salad, eaten alone, used as a topper for sandwiches, or stirred into other recipes. A recipe that calls for vinegar or marinated veggies can use this salad as a substitute.
The pickling brine is excellent as a tonic (one teaspoon every morning) to help fight off that nasty cold you can feel stalking you.
It’s an easy salad to make, tastes great, and is packed with vitamins, nutrients, and germ fighters that will ramp up your immune system so it can do its job!
Check out the recipe section for more powerful superfood recipes to keep your body strong and lower your need for prescription antibiotics.
Try the natural antibiotic pickled salad before cold and flu season is in full swing. Tell us what you did to make the recipe your own in the comments below!