You probably don’t think a lot about the greens in your life…right? Sure, you know you need to eat a salad every day. But greens are great for your body in ways that benefit you today and help to protect you for decades to come.
They are an outstanding source of vitamins, nutrients, and disease-fighters that boost energy levels, gently balance your pH, and help detoxify your blood and liver naturally.
One of the easiest ways to get the greens you need every day is in a veggie based smoothie. When you mix up a green smoothie, you can put the best ingredients on earth in it, use fruits and other seasonings to make it taste just the way you like it, and start feeling it pumping through your body in less than an hour.
The Perfect Storm of Nutrition
When it comes to green smoothies or grass shakes, you want a nice mix of ingredients to give your body a plethora of fuel for all your body functions. While bananas and strawberries are good (and good for you), you need more nutrition not just sweetness.
The greater the variety in your diet, the stronger you are. Some foods feed beneficial bacteria, others protect your heart, and you might have a few that scour potential cancer cells.
We love greens here at Daily Superfood Love. That means we use a lot of them for a ton of different reasons. Here are some of our favorite superfoods and greens that will energize your body every single day:
- Chlorella: You might have heard a lot about chlorella in the news lately. This blue-green algae is great for ramping up your immune system, improving energy, regulating digestion, and naturally detoxifying your blood of chemicals, bacteria, and heavy metals. Recent studies have pointed to additional benefits to the brain and heart, thanks to the abundance of vitamin B12.
- Spirulina: Another algae, spirulina is fascinating because of the incredible calcium, protein, amino acids, and B vitamin content. These particular properties make it a great choice for those following a vegan lifestyle! Also a natural heavy duty detoxifier, spirulina is a powerful anti-inflammatory, helps to regulate cholesterol levels (raising HDL and lower LDL), is great for your heart (particularly high blood pressure), and exhibits anti-cancer properties.
- Wheat, Barley, & Alfalfa Grasses: Packed with nutrients like chlorophyll, iron, and so much more, green grasses are natural blood cleansers, help to boost overall metabolism, and protect thyroid function. They are antioxidant-rich and naturally anti-inflammatory. Since ancient times, grasses have been considered medicinal. These superfood greens are best if harvested young, when their nutritional content is highest.
- Lucuma: This Peruvian fruit is fairly new on the superfood list but it’s been around for thousands of years. Not only is it a powerful source of vitamins like calcium, protein, zinc, and beta-carotene, it is naturally sweet with a flavor that resembles maple syrup or butterscotch (without the sugar spike). This makes it a great choice for those trying to control blood sugar or maintain a healthy body weight. The ancient Incas used it extensively and modern day cooks use it in everything from smoothies to candy.
- Mesquite: Harvested from trees, mesquite is far more beneficial than flavoring the meat at your next cookout. With a flavor that is similar to molasses, mesquite is packed with vitamins and minerals such as zinc, manganese, calcium, and iron. Naturally sweet, it’s a soluble fiber that ranks well on the glycemic index.
- Vanilla: One of the most popular flavors in the world, many people don’t realize there are actual health benefits of vanilla. The power of vanilla to boost the health and natural glow of your hair and skin makes it a natural anti-aging tool (that’s also delicious). Recent studies have even linked the consumption of vanilla to a decrease in anxiety and depression.
- Cinnamon: In the past few years, the benefits of antioxidant-rich cinnamon for heart health, inflammation, blood sugar maintenance, and improved brain cognition has taken the health world by storm. It’s a serious (completely natural) anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral.
You can definitely get these ingredients individually and mix up your own superfood green smoothie. What you need to ask yourself is if you’re going to do that consistently?
Great nutrition isn’t so great if you aren’t actually consuming it because you run late or forgot that you ran out of spirulina (and the health food store is already closed).
There’s an easier way…you can get all these amazing ingredients in one place, mix it up in less than thirty seconds, and get the awesome nutritional punch all day long.
We’ve discovered a delicious superfood green juice powder that’s perfect for when you don’t have time to make green juice. It combines the best mixture of superfoods with a delicious taste. This fantastic product is…
- GMO, filler, and sugar free
- Certified organic with no artificial ingredients
- Vegan approved
- Naturally alkalizing
- Packed with powerful nutrition
- Refreshing blend with a pure, clean flavor you’re going to love
Your body is going to be able to absorb the majority of the vitamins and minerals and you’re going to love the way you feel. Energized, clear-headed, and clean.
Click here to check out Superfood Greens by FoodMatters right now. Ninety servings of nutrition in thirty seconds or less. It’s cheaper than a wheatgrass shot at your gym.